Monday, September 14, 2015

Old Books


I find it is always beneficial to have a break in between writing projects and  I am now well into the beginnings of the next one which I am planning to be a series of books based in medieval times. 

It’s nice having a break and I am always keen to get back to writing. It’s my favourite thing to do. In between I try to spend the time doing things that are inspirational and contemplating my next project if I don’t already have an idea but I usually know what I’m going to do.  If I find a break in the winter, I usually settle down by the fire with something arty or crafty and watch
movies or TV Series that inspire. I also like to study literature and history and collect old books.  I love old books!! Maybe one day I’ll live in a castle and have a library of old books.  Dream; dream.

I recently found a couple of books in second hand shops that were like finding a gold mine. It made my day. And every time I look at them I think of how wonderful God is that he guided me to these books.  One
is a book on the castles of Scotland and the families who lived in them and the other is a book on the Social History of England.  Most wonderful of all was finding a series of books written by Sir Walter Scott and the books were printed back in 1886. Yes! I love old books! 


No comments:

Post a Comment