Thursday, August 20, 2020

Two New Projects

 My newest book, A Girl and her Chateau is now available on Amazon. If you belong to kindle unlimited it is free for a limited time. So check it out.  https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Her-Chateau-Anna-George-ebook/dp/B08BXGMCHG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=a+girl+and+her+chateau+anna+st+george&qid=1597975869&s=books&sr=1-1


So I am now at the beginning of writing my next project and I am always drawn to castles and old manor houses. They inspire me
Belton House

 and it will most likely be that type of setting in my next book. My current book is set in a French chateau, and the previous novels, a trilogy, were set in a castle in early Medieval England and the one before that was set in an Irish Castle but I’m not sure about the next one yet. I like experimenting with different time periods as well. My most recent book takes place in the present and I’ve written stories that are set in the 1960’s, 1950’s and Medieval times and I’ve been trying to decide on a time period for my next book. The 1920’s seems appealing as does the 1940’s. I love the exquisite flapper dresses they wore in those times and the finger wave hairstyles and I really like the old jazz bands and classical music.

As well as writing about old castles and houses I also like to write from a Christian perspective and all my books have Christian themes or might be modeled off a Biblical character such as Joseph or Hannah. The main characters have all had faith in God but my newest book, A Girl and her Chateau is somewhat of a different story. The main character is not sure where her faith lies and she is about to embark on a challenging journey. And as she states in the beginning portion of the book, it’s her parent’s faith in God but she’s not sure it’s hers. Each and every one of us must have our own relationship with God. We can't live off the faith of our parents or the church we've attended for the last ten years and Vivienne belief's are challenged as she heads to France to restore an old chateau.

And the other project I’m working on is something I’ve always wanted to do which is write and illustrate a children’s book.  It’s one of those lengthy projects that might take me ten years. No, just kidding. However, I’m sure it’s harder than writing a full length novel even though the page comparison is something like 300 pages for a novel to 30 pages for a children’s book. However the illustration takes a lot of time and some pages have to be re-done. And I’m trying something different with this book based on my love of sculpture and miniatures as well as illustration. I have always loved the artwork in children’s books and I especially love the illustrators of the golden age. One of my favourites is Beatrix Potter.  Her illustrations are absolutely magical and her stories timeless with little critters, like Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. The names of her characters are very charming like Mrs Tiggywinkle, Jemima Puddleduck, Timmy Tiptoes and Johnny Townmouse. The tale of Benjamin Bunny is the only book of hers I have in my collection at the moment. The illustrations are so beautiful.   It was first published in 1904.

Well, back to the drawing board and writing pad.  I hope you are all enjoying your week and not too stuck with Covid 19. Take care and God bless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment